Monday 19 April 2010

Panzerkampfwagen V Ausf G

Panther G





























'Rusty G'
Two and a half years ago I posted my work up on the web for the first time; this was my WIP at that time and was my first experience using oil paints as rust marks (somewhat heavy-handedly, I admit). The build was the first Dragon Smart Kit Panther G (of five, give or take) and was a superb build; painting it was great fun. As you can see I was still heavily into dry-brushing Citadel Bleached Bone, but I have changed tack somewhat since then having undertaken an exponential learning process facilitated by participating in the internet modelling community.
The figures are the slightly overscale Verlinden figures 'Watch the Sky'.
I hope you like the model and I look forward to showing you the four others in the five-kit mini-Pantherfest of 2007 that I had way back in my seminal internet days.
You may have noticed that I have reduced the penetration of the watermark to 20% - the size, font and content are the same, but the colour penetration has been reduced by 60% - I would be interested to know if this is more acceptable.
All the best & thanks for looking in.
Bill

1 comment: